Friday, July 11, 2014

Drax the Destroyer

I was never much of a comic reading kind of guy but I have always enjoyed drawing them. This Guardians of the Galaxy movie coming out looks pretty cool. Figured I would draw that Drax character today over lunch. Done on my Note 10.1 tablet by Samsung and using a few apps to get it done.
Sketchbook Pro
WaterColorPencil
PicsArt

First I found a reference image over at Deviant art. Great gallery there for muscle type models.

Next... sketched it up in Sketchbook Pro

Then I moved the sketch over to WaterColorPencil and messily slopped a bunch of colors on it. I wasnt worried about it as the filters I use on PicsArt make it all look pretty sweet.

Lastly as mentioned.. take the image over to PicsArt and mess around with the filters and toss a lens flare or three on those knives and its done.

You can view the full sized image over at my Deviant art gallery here

0 comments:

Post a Comment