Friday, March 21, 2014

My digital process on the Note 10.1 tablet

So I am working on a story idea... not sure where it will go but hopefully far (as I hope with all my failed projects)... I decided to break down in steps a page for you folks who might find it interesting. It's all done digitally on my Note 10.1 Galaxy tablet and in layers. As I move along colouring I will merge the layers otherwise I would have a few hundred of them and the tablet only allows so many at a time. I'm using SketchBook Pro in this example. I do one layer with the frames I made. One layer in Orange sketching and then a layer in ink. The frames layer stays at the top, the ink layer underneath that and everything below is the colouring. As I finish a panel, I go to the bottom most layer which is the orange pencil sketch layer and erase the orange to see if I missed anything. Then I merge the colour layers only and begin again on the next panel. Sort of like this:

Frame layer
Ink layer
Colour layer
Colour layer
Colour layer
Orange sketch layer

As you can see there can be multiple colour layers... sometimes many indeed. They just get all merged together once I'm done.

Here is start to finish of a page:











0 comments:

Post a Comment