Sunday, April 29, 2012

Life studies - My friend Levon

This girl has so much character in her face that I'm surprised I haven't drawn her before. Felt like it tonight though. I really do need to do more real life stuff.

I have this sketchbook by work from Lenord Robinson and there is this sketch he did of a gal very much like this one. It was good for me to use it as reference and combine with my friends actual face to get this down. I found that her features weren't as easy as some peoples to nail down so Lenord's sketch really helped me attack the technique. The guy is really brilliant. It's that fine line between outright copying someone and using them as a teacher to understand how to take that pen in your fingers and make it work properly.

Master studies basically






2 comments: