Wednesday, June 20, 2012

365 days - A new drawing toy!

So I came across this very cool app for my iPad called Paper by 53.com. I have been playing around with it and starting to get it. Not much of a learning curve really. The beauty of it is in its simplicity. Geared towards sketches, quick paintings, notes or whatever... it keeps you simple. I like that. I often times over work an image and kill it in so doing. I need this forced simplicity to bring me back to earth so to speak. Here is some stuff I have been goofing on...



2 comments:

  1. An iPad, eh? I'm tempted by those expensive bastards but the price is dissuasive.

    I made a very weak attempt at using a Wacom tablet and found my mind was unable to wrap around the idea of drawing lines without seeing them being made. In my beginning stages as an artist, that is more of a learning curve than simply sitting with a good pencil, paper, and drawing.

    As for the illustrations, I love 'em. I noticed the style change a couple days ago, on G+, and kinda' wondered what you were doing different. I'm glad you mentioned the app and the device. Thanks.

    It's amazing how providing a tiny bit of a story (robot named Seven, in a big city, with a heart on his chest, holding a flower) gets the mind in gear to start asking questions and stimulating a desire to know more.

    Pretty cool, man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7 is a character I have done up in the past... usually a yellow color but I changed it up today to resemble the future and the passing of time... the paint is gone but he isnt.

    As you said... i love to throw clues around the images that make you want to ask more. It's that extra information, that need for more that has always appealed to me in images.

    As for the change in media... still just playing. Not sure how much digital work I want to do but it is nice for a change. Im still a traditionalist at heart. I love the feel of a book in my hands when I read. Same with drawing. I need the tactile sensations to exist.

    Thanks for the comments bub. :)

    ReplyDelete